We care about you, not what you're wearing. We don't care who you're voting for in the next election or how many tattoos you have. We're a church full of imperfect, broken people who are coming to know Jesus and serving others together, and regardless of your story, we believe you belong!
If you've never been and you're considering coming, here's what you should expect...
- Nice people. We LOVE it when someone comes for the first time. So much so we give gifts to visitors. Psalm 34 says, "Taste the Lord and know that he is good." So we give our guests a Hershey's chocolate bar to remind you of the goodness of God.
- A casual atmosphere. We care about YOU, not what you're wearing, so feel to come in jeans or whatever is comfortable. Our dress code is simple: wear something. Grab a hot cup of free coffee from our Coffee Corner and sit wherever you'd like! We will NOT single you out publicly or ask you to say anything, and we do NOT expect guests to contribute anything financially. We will give you that chocolate bar however.
- A fun, safe environment for kids. Kids love it at GL First United Methodist! If you bring your kids, we will invite them up for a Kids Time with our children's leader Erica. After a brief message she will invite them to go with her to our Kid's Church time. She will bring them back to you before the service ends. Babies and toddlers are cared for by loving volunteers. There's a preschool room and Kids' Church for grades one through five. All of our kids ministry volunteers must pass background checks and have a heart for kids and families.
- Practical teaching that connects the words of the Bible to everyday life. Every athlete needs a Coach to help them get the best out of themselves. Each week we try to provide solid, practical advice from the Bible that helps people deal with everyday life and become the best version of ourselves that we can be.
- Our music style is blended. We have a traditional choir but also sing praise songs each week. Our goal is to provide a blending of ancient and modern styles to lead us into the presence of God and the Holy Spirit. Don't be surprised to see some people raising their hands and others not. Feel free to do what you are led to do. We create an atmosphere of freedom in our services. Don't be surprised to see a video clip or two during the worship service. Most of all don't be surprised to see the congregation laughing at a video-clip or one of Pastor Ron's jokes.
If you have any specific questions, email us via our secure Contact Us
form, and we hope to meet you this Sunday!